Friday, July 19, 2013

Greetings from Uganda!

Greetings from Uganda! My African adventure started before I reached Uganda.This time around I have gotten a taste of delayed flights, missed connections...you name it. Once I landed in Detroit, I discovered that my next connecting flight to Amsterdam was delayed by 2 1/2 hours! This also meant that I would be missing my connection flight to Entebbe Uganda. In other words, I was temporarily stranded in Amsterdam. This was a little nerve wrecking for me, especially traveling by myself. It seems that God is already using this trip to stretch me and pull me out of those comfort zones I love so much.

After spending three hours waiting in line to rebook my flight, I had to keep reminding myself that God is in control and everything happens for a reason. Instead of arriving in Entebbe at 10:15pm last night, I was hopping on a plane to Kenya last night and arriving in Entebbe at 9:15am this morning. I was just happy that I didnt have to camp out in the airport. :)

So, despite the unexpected chaos life sometimes brings us, today was a nice reminder that He's got me and all is well. I now get to arrive in Uganda during the day and I get to make a quick pit stop in Kenya! It wasn't the itinerary I was expecting, but sometimes you just have to let go and go along for the ride :)

I arrived safely in Entebbe despite another hour delay and got to the guesthouse in Jinja around 3pm. It feels so good to be back! I was welcomed by Mama Josephine ( one of my favorite mamas from last summer)! After taking a little nap, I joined the other volunteers for dinner. It seems like a really nice group of girls and I am excited to get to know them better.

Tomorrow is a work day at Amani. I am so excited to see the kids! I also found out that I was assigned to the girls again :) Hopefully after tomorrow I will have some new pictures to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment