Sunday, June 10, 2012

A couple pictures :) Wifi is working!!

My project before leaving for Africa was to make these headbands to give to the girls, volunteers and mamas at Amani. It was such a blessing in itself getting to watch the faces light up when I gave each one a headband.

This is Isaiah! He is such a cutie. Just a small background story on him... his father is deceased and his mother is unable to care for him. He has been at Amani since October and was 1 month old when he arrived.
This is Mercy! I am in love with this little one. Her smile and laugh is absolutely contagious :) Mercy was abandoned and found in Nawanyago Swamp. She came to Amani when she was only 3 days old.
                                                Megan and I on our first Boda Boda!

Thank you everyone for being so patient with me! All of the volunteers and I have discovered the African wifi is very unpredictable :) I am hoping the post some pictures on this post. For a small recap, it has been so nice having the weekend to adjust and get to know everyone before starting my schedule tomorrow. So far, I have been to African church, hugged and kissed a bunch of precious babies, laughed and been tackled by 40+ kids and become a pro Boda Boda rider! Boda Bodas are basically motorcycle taxis that take you into town. It costs 1000 shillings which is about 50 cents. They are so much fun! I am going to write a separate post to go more into detail of my first weekend
here. I wanted to take the time and attempt to upload some pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment